[GRASS-user] r.stream.order (GRASS 6), Hack, fails at some confluences

Hanan Karam HananKaram at esinternational.com
Mon May 27 05:30:11 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with r.stream.order failing at some stream confluences for Hack ordering, such that the rest of stream network upstream gets assigned an order of -1?
When I re-run the algorithm starting just upstream of the confluence, it works.    I have seen many instances of this type of failure.  Please let me know if you have any ideas on why it might be happening and what I can about it.

Thank you very much,
Hanan