[GRASS-user] Suse 12.3, GRASS 6.4.3 - addons not possible to install - SOLVED!

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Mon Nov 4 06:13:04 PST 2013

Am Tue, 08 Oct 2013 13:54:19 +0300
schrieb Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>:

> On 10/06/2013 09:32 PM, Lars Forseth wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I just solved a long standing issue with GRASS 6.4.3 on my pc, under
> > SuSE 12.3 linux. I use the GEO repository for all GIS packages.
> >
> > Since long I have not been able to install plugins/add-ons in GRASS,
> > either through the commandline or the menu (wxpython gui).
> >
> > Yesterday I discovered why! In the standard GRASS 6.4.3 package under
> > GEO:repository for SUSE 12.3, the g.html2man script is missing! Since
> > this seems to be essential under the install procedure for addons,
> > attempts to install add-ons failes!
> >
> > Remedy (for my part); downloaded the sourcepackage for grass 6.4.3;
> > found g.html2man script and copied it to /opt/grass/tools, and made
> > scertain it had the right permissions! And now I can install add-ons!
> >

> > Regards
> > larsf
> >
> > PS! How do I communicate this bug to the GEO repository maintainers?
> >

> Hi Lars,
>
> Thanks for reporting the issue, we will make sure it gets fixed.
>
> Best,
> Angelos

Hi Lars,

after we fixed to integrate the g.html2man script to the grass package, it
is now no longer possible to install the grass package itself, without
manually ignoring this error:

failed on file /opt/grass/tools/g.html2man: cpio: rename failed - Is a
directory error: grass-6.4.3-4.4.x86_64: install failed error:
grass-6.4.3-3.19.x86_64: erase skipped

We haven't found a solution to fix this yet, and because many people
recently complained, that grass can't be updated/installed automatically, we
decided to revert the g.html2man fix for now.

We will build and integrate the g.html2man script to the grass package
again, once we find a solution for the error above.

Regards
Otto