[GRASS-user] Trying to reclassify raster using non-linear functions in GRASS

Gabriel Zorello Laporta gabriellaporta at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 17:54:40 PST 2013

Dear all,

I am using ArcInfo Workstation and Grid in order to to produce Gaussian
functions of elevation from a DEM with minimum value at 800m, as follow:

elev_x800 = elev90 - 800
elev_x800sq = pow(elev_x800, 2)
elev_x800sqn = -1 * elev_x800sq
elev_x800sqnd = elev_x800sqn / 500000
elev_x800exp = exp(elev_x800sqnd)
elev_x800gaus = elev_x800exp * 0.000798
elev_x800gi = (elev_x800gaus * -11330) + 10.044

I was wondering how to apply that in GRASS (because I want to move towards
Open Software). Can you help me?

Cheers,

Dr. Gabriel Zorello Laporta
Instituto Oscar Freire, Informática Médica, Faculdade de Medicina
Universidade de São Paulo
Avenida Doutor Arnaldo, 455 - 3° andar (corredor central)
Bairro Pacaembu, São Paulo/SP
CEP 01246-903
Tel (55) 11 3061-7386