[GRASS-user] d.mon error (X11 problem?)

Lee Eddington lee.w.eddington at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 11:51:08 PST 2013

I’ve recently started using GRASS again after a few years and I don’t
remember a lot.  I previously worked with it for just a few months and was
able to get some work accomplished, but I’m still a novice.  I’m working on
a Mac with Mac OS X 10.9 and when I try to open a display monitor from the
command line I get the following:

GRASS 6.4.3 (bali_d03):~ > d.mon x0
ERROR: no such monitor 'x0'
ERROR: No such monitor as <x0>
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
ERROR: No such monitor as <x0>

I went back to my old system that I used GRASS on before (GRASS 6.4.0RCS
running Mac OS X 10.6.8) and d.mon x0 worked fine.

Any help would be appreciated.