[GRASS-user] ordering points along a line

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 11:14:25 PST 2013

Hi,

as your points are intersections along the river course you could create a
network within GRASS (v.net with points as nodes). I think then it should
be possible to use a tool like v.net.distance to calculate distances
between the nodes which is basically the basis for any ordering along the
line. Unfortunately, I haven't performed such analysis myself, so I can't
provide any example, but the manuals of the v.net.* tools should be helpful
in this case.

cheers,
Johannes