[GRASS-user] OSM, v.kernel, raster combination, id begint

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Nov 28 14:28:11 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Christopher Braune
<cbraune at gfz-potsdam.de> wrote:
> Hello GRASS-Users,
>
> I want to analyse the OSM data with GRASS (6.4.0RC5+39438) / Ubuntu 10.04.4
> LTS / PostGIS-database.

Please note that this seems to be a pretty antique GRASS GIS version...

> I want to use the v.kernel function to create a
> density raster. In addition I want to combine this density-raster with a
> population density raster. I hope to find a correlation between the OSM
> density and the population density. There are anybody who have an idea to
> realize this raster-combination?
>
> Another issue is the problem with the OSM object identifier in
> begint-dataype. GRASS only supports integer id's! Is it possible to modify
> GRASS?

Please use GRASS GIS 7:
http://grass.osgeo.org/download/software/linux/
--> Precompiled GRASS GIS 7.svn
  ---> Ubuntu

GRASS 7 comes with Large File Support, see
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures#Libvector

Hope this helps,
Markus