[GRASS-user] Suse 12.3, GRASS 6.4.3 - addons not possible to install - SOLVED!

Lars Forseth lars.forseth at ntebb.no
Sun Oct 6 11:32:42 PDT 2013

Hi!

I just solved a long standing issue with GRASS 6.4.3 on my pc, under
SuSE 12.3 linux. I use the GEO repository for all GIS packages.

Since long I have not been able to install plugins/add-ons in GRASS,
either through the commandline or the menu (wxpython gui).

Yesterday I discovered why! In the standard GRASS 6.4.3 package under
GEO:repository for SUSE 12.3, the g.html2man script is missing! Since
this seems to be essential under the install procedure for addons,
attempts to install add-ons failes!

Remedy (for my part); downloaded the sourcepackage for grass 6.4.3;
found g.html2man script and copied it to /opt/grass/tools, and made
scertain it had the right permissions! And now I can install add-ons!

Regards
larsf

PS! How do I communicate this bug to the GEO repository maintainers?