[GRASS-user] WANTED: 64bit big endian test system

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 10:42:54 PDT 2013

We would like to make GRASS GIS portable to 32 bit and 64 bit systems
as well as little endian and big endian systems. To our knowledge, all
combinations of bitness and endianness are supported, with the
exception of 64bit big endian test systems. Therefore we need access
to a 64 bit big endian test system with an operating system with a
64bit userland [0] including a C compiler in order to perform testing
and bug fixing.

We are aware of the fact that such systems are rather institutional
systems (supercomputers, mainframes, High Performance Clusters) than
office or personal devices. Please contact any of the GRASS developers
off-list if you are able and willing to facilitate access to a 64bit
big endian system.

Thanks,

Markus M

[0] https://wiki.debian.org/Sparc64#Rationale_for_such_a_port

PS: Unfortunately, AIX as OS is unsuitable because AIX deviated too
far from *NIX and POSIX standards.