[GRASS-user] GRASSplot: a tool for plotting GRASS maps with Python (Matplotlib and Basemap)

Andy Wickert wickert at colorado.edu
Mon Oct 14 11:07:28 PDT 2013

Dear GRASS users and developers,

In order to create consistent and attractive figures that combine the
computational and data management abilities of GRASS GIS with the very
developed set of plotting tools provided by Python's Matplotlib (and
Basemap toolkit), I wrote a small module to automate Python plotting of
GRASS GIS data.

It currently works only for lat/lon locations (with Basemap doing the
projection). It works well for rasters, but has some issues with vector
extraction. I'll be working on it intermittently, but have now posted it to
my GitHub.

Code at:
https://github.com/awickert/GRASSplot

Basemap (Python) main page and gallery: