[GRASS-user] libintl8.dll not found

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 07:34:11 PDT 2013

Hi,

2013/10/17 Blumentrath, Stefan <Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no>:
> I can confirm the problem with the libintl8.dll, strange enough across different versions of GRASS 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4 both installed via OSGeo4W, GRASS standalone and QGIS standalone installer (QGIS from Jan 2013).
> Furthermore the problem occurs also on different windows versions: XP, Vista, and 7. It seems to affect "only" the GUI because also on non-working installations GRASS can be accessed via QGIS...
> Sounds like Python-related problems?

libintl-8 DLL file was part of `msys-grass` OSGeo4W package [1],
recently it has become part of `libintl` [2] package. It's probably
source of the problems.

I have tried to install

* `grass64-dev` package from OSGeo4W, since one of the dependencies is
`libintl` package [3], I didn't encounter any problems - OK
* `grass643` package, same as above, OK
* standalone `grass64-dev` [4], it's packaged from up-to date OSGeo4W
environment, so no problem
* standalone `grass643` [5], packaged before `libintl` package has
been introduced into OSGeo4W framework, start FAILS, anyway DLL
package is available

In summary no problem found expect of standalone grass643 installer,
sorry,  I don't know what I could fix for you. please try fresh
OSGeo4W installation or manually install `libintl` package.

Martin

PS: Helmut please could you take a look at standalone 6.4.3 installer?

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-grass#Package:msys-grass
[2] http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/libintl/
[3] http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/grass/grass64-dev/setup.hint
[4] http://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass64/