[GRASS-user] Question about unidimensional and bidimensional waterflow analysis

Diego Mérida López dmerida80 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 09:11:46 PDT 2013

Ok, thank you for your response.

I was reading the articles in the morning.

It would be possible to use GRASS for a flood study of a river or stream in
a 2D system (as you can see I am not an expert on this subject and my
answers may be obviously... sorry)? I think that is possible with the
combination of r.inund.fluv and r.damflood (how you says in the article THE
CONTRIBUTION OF GIS IN FLOOD MAPPING. TWO APPROACHES USING OPEN SOURCE GRASS
GIS SOFTWARE).

I'm really interested in work with libre/OpenSource programs to do it, I
know programs that can work in 2D for that purpose, but aren't open source
and have EULA... not good.

I'm a noob in GRASS GIS. I was searching in the descriptions of algorithms
and not found any information if it's possible or not.

I'm really grateful for your help.