[GRASS-user] Crown shape drawing

Matteo Mura mur.teo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 22:56:32 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I have a vector-points file containing the points of trees location in a 100 x 100 square, it is a permanent plot. The database of this vector contains for each sampled tree the crown projection for each direction (N-S-E-W). I need to convert the points to polygons which shape and size is determined by the crown projection measures. In other therms I would like to have the polygon file which describe the tree crown shape and dimension.

Is it possible to do in GRASS? If yes, how can I?

Thank in advance.