[GRASS-user] List rasters with valid data inside a defined computational region

Michel Wortmann wortmann at pik-potsdam.de
Fri Oct 25 03:45:36 PDT 2013

Hi Antonio,
here is a python script snipped. this might be slow if you have many
rasters that have values in the current region, those that don't, wont
take any time though.

import grass.script as grass

def inregion():
     '''Return rasters in current mapset that have non-NULL values in
current region'''
     maps=grass.list_strings('rast')
     mapsin = []
     for r in maps:
vin=grass.read_command('r.stats',input=r,flags='n').split()
         if len(vin)>0: mapsin+=[r]
     return mapsin

if __name__=='__main__':
     print inregion()