[GRASS-user] Tessellation of a set of polygons

Thomas Leduc thomas.leduc at cerma.archi.fr
Mon Sep 16 04:57:56 PDT 2013

Dear Hamish,

Yes indeed, the following script produces some equivalent result (but as
explained before, this is not the solution I used):

g.remove vect=buildings,plots rast=buildings_r,plots_r
 v.in.ogr dsn=/tmp/src/src.shp output=buildings
g.region vect=buildings nsres=0.25 ewres=0.25
v.to.rast --overwrite input=buildings output=buildings_r use=attr
attrcolumn=gid
r.grow --overwrite input=buildings_r output=plots_r metric=euclidean
radius=120
r.to.vect --o input=plots_r output=plots type=area
v.out.ogr --o input=plots type=area dsn=/tmp/src olayer=plots layer=1
format=ESRI_Shapefile

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thomas wrote:
>
> >>  Let's consider a set of input polygons (represented by dark gray
> polygonal
> >>  footprints in the enclosed screenshot [1]).
> >>  [1] this screenshot of about 11 KB is also downloadable at
> >>  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8846569/tessellation.png
> >
> MarkusN:
> > just curious (given that GRASS GIS 7 now offers this functionality),
> > with which GIS software did you create your example?
>
> To make a guess I'd say it looks like v.to.rast + r.grow + r.to.vect.
> (note the gridding artifacts)
>

> Hamish

Thomas LEDUC