[GRASS-user] Tessellation of a set of polygons

Thomas Leduc thomas.leduc at cerma.archi.fr
Mon Sep 16 04:17:37 PDT 2013

Hi Markus,

I've produced the screenshot using Gearscape 0.2b4 (
http://gearscape.fergonco.es/index.php/downloads/2 - Thanks to Fernando
Gonzalez Cortes) and a small dedicated development that I've written in
Java. This implementation is based on JTS library (in particular,
SpatialIndex and Polygonizer classes), and it starts by a rasterization of
the set of input polygons.

Regards,

Thomas

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Thomas Leduc
> <thomas.leduc at cerma.archi.fr> wrote:
> > Let's consider a set of input polygons (represented by dark gray
> polygonal
> > footprints in the enclosed screenshot [1]).
> > [1] this screenshot of about 11 KB is also downloadable at
> > https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8846569/tessellation.png
>

> just curious (given that GRASS GIS 7 now offers this functionality),
> with which GIS software did you create your example?
>
> best,
> markusN

Thomas LEDUC