[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii : ERROR: write sidx

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 14:51:43 PDT 2013

Yann wrote:
> The command was :
> v.in.ascii -z input=${FILE} output=${NAME_OUT} separator="${FS}" z=3 --overwrite

Hi,

just to note -- the {curly} brackets do nothing to
protect from spaces in filenames in this situation,
"double" quotes should be used for that.

the curly brackets protect the variable name, not its
contents, so are mostly useful for when a letter,
number, or "_" follows the variable name.

I actually think it is dangerous to use the curly
brackets because it tricks people into thinking they
are protected when they are not.

regards,
Hamish