[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii : ERROR: write sidx

Le Jeune Yann lj.yann at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 15:55:57 PDT 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the {curly} thing !

I tried v.in.ascii from the Layer manager (i use sqlite driver) :

(Thu Sep 26 23:58:29
2013)
v.in.ascii -z --overwrite --verbose
input=/media/yann/DATA_SIG/3D_photo/menhir2_pc_88M.csv
output=PTS_menhir2_pc_88M separator=  z=3
WARNING: Vector map <PTS_menhir2_pc_88M> already exists and will be
overwritten
Using native format
Scanning input for column types...
Maximum input row length: 30
Number of columns: 3
Importing points...
Building topology for vector map <PTS_menhir2_pc_88M at menhir2>...
Registering primitives...
88509169 primitives registered
88509169 vertices registered
Building areas...
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands...
Attaching centroids...
Topology was built
Number of nodes: 0
Number of primitives: 88509169
Number of points: 88509169
Number of lines: 0
Number of boundaries: 0
Number of centroids: 0
Number of areas: 0
Number of isles: 0
ERROR: write sidx: wrong node position in file
(Fri Sep 27 00:44:28 2013) Command finished (45 min 59 sec)

I have some disk space, but i looked at my system monitor and my RAM went
to SWAP (i have only 16 Go RAM, 15 Go SWAP) The swap don't seems to have
been totally used (but at least half) and i have not in front of my PC when
the error occurred.

I will try this again with more RAM.

Thanks for your answers.

yann