[GRASS-user] Usage of r.sim.water (error - no ouput grid created)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Apr 3 00:19:22 PDT 2014

Dear Andreas,

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 6:18 PM, Mag. Andreas Reithofer -
<reithofer at ib-humer.at> wrote:

> Dear GRASS Users,
> Being quite a newbie to GRASS, I have the task to model overlandflow via GIS-tools for simulating flash floods. This lead me to r.sim.water, which I tried to run for a ~5km² area with a 25m raster dgm, but with no success until now.
>
> I have a grid with the DEM, two grids with the first partial derivative x/y, a grid with manning´s coeff, a grid with effective rainfall and that´s it - should work, shouldn´t it?

While I didn't manage to test myself, here a script which is a test
case with sample data for inspiration:
https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_7_0/raster/simwe/r.sim.water/
--> spearfish.sh

Just open it with a text editor.