[GRASS-user] Grass 7 ubuntu 13.10

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 04:34:03 PDT 2014

Hi All,

Paul, Can you confirm your from which repositories are you downloading
GRASS GIS?

GRASS70 daily builds are available on grass-devel ppa[1]. Unfortunately we
dont have for saucy. Last time I deactivated daily builds due to a
dependency wait from launchpad. However I initiated a build request for
saucy right now.

But there needs to be some changes applied on packaging files to make it
work. My all packaging code resides in university server and I can access
the server till the end of week due to some configuration issues going on
with it.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~grass/+archive/grass-devel

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Paul Shapley <p.shapley at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to start Grass 7 svn on Ubuntu 13.10. I used the following
> > command in terminal:
> >
> > sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install grass70 grass70-gui
> >
> > When i start Grass with 'grass70' in terminal the Grass 'splash' screen
> > opens and then promptly crashes. Here is the error:

> > username at ServerName localhost:~$ grass70
> >
> > WELCOME TO GRASS 7.0.svn
> >
> >    1) Have at your side all available GRASS tutorials
> >
> >    2) When working on your location, the following materials
> >       are extremely useful:
> >       - A topo map of your area
> >       - Current catalog of available computer maps
> >
> >    3) Check the GRASS webpages for feedback mailinglists and more:
> >       http://grass.osgeo.org
> >       http://www.grass-gis.org
>
> Given the second outdated link being advertised, the version seems to
> be fairly old.
>
> What does
>
> g.version -g
>
> report?