[GRASS-user] workflow for Importing DXF Wind Turbines onto Map in Grass 6.4.4

Paul Shapley p.shapley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 05:09:49 PDT 2014

Hi

I have imported a single wind turbine (dxf) into grass with v.in.dxf
successfully. I need to position it on a map but do not know where to
start.

>From the grasswiki pages it says it is best to use XY location but how do
you assign known location co-ordinates to the base of a wind turbine
(without a copy of AutoCAD). I would also need to add many more wind
turbines onto the same map.Do i need to use v.proj/v.transform or v.rectify?

I might also need to set the height of the turbine but again not sure which
is the best action.

There is a lack of clear guidance which is why i would like to resolve the
issue and put out a tutorial for any other UK users.

Thanks,

--
*Paul J. Shapley *MSc CGeog (GIS) FRGS