[GRASS-user] problem in getting r.in.gdal to work

Umberto Filippo Minora umbertofilippo at tiscali.it
Wed Aug 13 11:04:01 PDT 2014

Il 13/08/2014 19:11, Umberto Filippo Minora ha scritto:
> I am having problem in importing tif rasters in GRASS.
> When I try a command like
>
>     r.in.gdal input= raster1 output= raster2
>
> being "raster1" my .tif file (I can open it in qgis), the console
> outputs this message
>
>     ERROR 4: `/home/umberto/Documenti/unimi/ppg/summer_at_home/d
>     ebris/Debris_Mask.tif' not recognised as a supported file
>     format.
>
> What would be the problem in my case?
> I am a very beginner user of GRASS, hope someone could help me.
Sorry, I have to correct my thread.
Raster don't open neither in qgis.
I think there should be problems in the GDAL dependencies, since I tried
to remove and re-install GRASS, qgis, and GDAL for another problem (thus
creating this new one in the thread).
Would it be a solution to remove everything again and re-install again?
Moreover, I performed a GDAL installation in the 2013 using this script
<https://gist.github.com/lossyrob/4348503>, and I am used to remove my
packages using these command lines from terminal:

     sudo apt-get remove --purge package
     sudo apt-get autoremove
     sudo aptutude remove packagename

Would it be possible that having run that script would consist in some
sort of file still remaining un-removed which could create any conflicts?
Any help would be really appreciated.