[GRASS-user] Multiple custom symbols per point based on attribute(s)

Yangos Chalazonitis yhal at dhal.com
Thu Aug 14 12:49:14 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a way to display more than one icons/symbols
per location, representing various local attributes.

E.g. I have the coordinates of a village and know that it has a church,
a theatre and a factory nearby. Another village might only have a
factory. A third might have a theatre and a factory, but no church.

I assume that setting up an SQL table with boolean TRUE/FALSE attributes
per landmark or some similar method would be the best way to set up my
data structure. However, I have no idea how I would go about displaying
the result.

Ideally, I am looking for a single map, which would display custom-made
icons (representing each landmark type) clustered around each site's
location. Is this possible in GRASS? What is the best way to go about it?

Running GRASS 7.0 beta3

Thanks,
-John