[GRASS-user] Multiple custom symbols per point based on attribute(s)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Aug 15 04:20:55 PDT 2014

Hi John,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Yangos Chalazonitis <yhal at dhal.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to figure out a way to display more than one icons/symbols per
> location, representing various local attributes.
>
> E.g. I have the coordinates of a village and know that it has a church, a
> theatre and a factory nearby. Another village might only have a factory. A
> third might have a theatre and a factory, but no church.

I have done something perhaps similar time ago: mapping the "payload" of
ticks (Ixodes ricinus) which could carry none, one or multiple disease
pathogens, be found or not and be analyzed in the lab or not:

box drawing:
  - no tick found in sampling site (green)
  - tick found but not analyzed in lab: grey (no data)
  - no disease found: white (true negative)
  - Ba: Babesia (red)
  - Bo: Borrelia (blue)