[GRASS-user] Loading JSON data in GRASS

Arighna roy.arighna at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 01:12:32 PST 2014

Hi Moritz,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

It is connected with the 'cat' column as I didn't provide any key column
while importing the data. Both the input and the output maps have the key
column as 'cat'. Still I am getting the error. Could this be a problem that
for both the maps the 'cat 'values are 1?

Also I was trying to import the data with a specific key column. But there
is no provision for doing that.
I tried these commands.

v.in.ogr input=/home/aroy/geojson_sample/patch/patch1.1.geojson
output=patch_test1 key=category
ERROR: Sorry, <input> is not a valid parameter
ERROR: Sorry, <key> is not a valid parameter
ERROR: Required parameter <dsn> not set:
        (OGR datasource name)

v.in.ogr dsn=/home/aroy/geojson_sample/patch/patch1.1.geojson
output=patch_test1 key=category
ERROR: Sorry, <key> is not a valid parameter

Thanks & Regards
Roy