[GRASS-user] Loading JSON data in GRASS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Dec 2 01:53:40 PST 2014

On 02/12/14 10:12, Arighna wrote:
> Hi Moritz,
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply.
>
> It is connected with the 'cat' column as I didn't provide any key column
> while importing the data. Both the input and the output maps have the key
> column as 'cat'. Still I am getting the error. Could this be a problem that
> for both the maps the 'cat 'values are 1?
>
> Also I was trying to import the data with a specific key column. But there
> is no provision for doing that.
> I tried these commands.
>
> v.in.ogr input=/home/aroy/geojson_sample/patch/patch1.1.geojson
> output=patch_test1 key=category
> ERROR: Sorry, <input> is not a valid parameter
> ERROR: Sorry, <key> is not a valid parameter
> ERROR: Required parameter <dsn> not set:
>          (OGR datasource name)
>

> v.in.ogr dsn=/home/aroy/geojson_sample/patch/patch1.1.geojson
> output=patch_test1 key=category
> ERROR: Sorry, <key> is not a valid parameter

You are using grass6.4, I suppose ? In that version v.in.ogr does not
have a key parameter.

Could you send us the output of

v.db.connect -p patch_test1

and

v.info -c patch_test1

?

Also, I don't really understand the sens of your v.patch:

v.patch -e input=patch_map1 output=patch_map6

Why only one input map ? Doing that is somewhat like copying patch_map1
to patch_map6...

If patch_map6 already exists and you want to append patch_map1 to it,
then you have to use the '-a' flag.

Moritz