[GRASS-user] PLEASE HELP!

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 06:58:36 PST 2014

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 7:14 AM, Neil Wyatt <stub.mandrel at gmail.com> wrote:

> From what I can see of GRASS-user postings, most of the discussion is
> about quite technical aspects of GRASS.
>

> Please can someone address my very basic problems?
>

> 1 – after running GRASS for about half an hour, the layer selection
> becomes unresponsive.

You have probably a lot of layers in Layer Manager, if you don't need them
all, you can right click on the layer and remove, or you can uncheck it. If
you have checked a lot of layers, the rendering becomes slow.

> 2 – I get wired interaction between layers, with activating some switching
> off the display of others. It is not a masking issue, because selecting and
> deselecting some layers will make them display properly (but sometimes
> causes others to disappear).

I fixed (hopefully) this weird behavior a couple of weeks ago. So either
you can update to a newer version of grass or, as a workaround, it should
be enough to make the Layer Manager window larger (vertically), so that you
can see all the layers without scrolling.