[GRASS-user] grass : how to do Isochrone maps?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Dec 10 09:47:38 PST 2014

On 09/12/14 17:37, image93 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you very much. The v.isochrones seems to require in input a vector
> network (roads) with a speed attributes column. I have just checked my
> openstreetmap roads vector layer. And this column is not fully completed,
> data are lacking for many routes. How can I do? According to you, before
> applying v.isochrones, should I do anything on the input data (editing about
> attributes or/and geometry/topology) ?

v.isochrones does not require a topologically clean network. If possible
errors (e.g. non-closures) are below resolution size, they should not
even make any difference.

As mentioned privately, I actually haven't tested the module with
missing speed attribute data, so I don't know the consequences and don't
have time currently to look into that.

Moritz