[GRASS-user] Problem with r.basin in grass7

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Dec 15 13:42:34 PST 2014

> I run the r.basin command and it finished !!!!

great!

>I do get 2 blocks of warnings ... Are they important ?
>
>Here they are:
>"
>Reading raster map <t_elev_ned_30m_strahler>...
>Reading raster map <t_elev_ned_30m_drainage_e>...
>Reading raster map <r_elevation_crop>...
>WARNING: Width for column x set to 255 (was not specified by OGR), some
strings may be truncated!
>WARNING: Width for column y set to 255 (was not specified by OGR), some
strings may be truncated!

these warnings come from the underlying involved ogr/gdal library and can't
be suppressed. these can be ignored.

>WARNING: 'windows/original' was found in more mapsets (also found in
<PERMANENT>)
>WARNING: Using <original at landsat>

the original region is stored in the beginning of a r.basin run and restored
in the finish of the r.basin run. your multiple "original" seems to be a
left over of earlier r.basin runs (?). you can remove these by g.remove
type=region ....

by r63549
(http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-commit/2014-December/034459.html)
I've added it to the r.basin script to do it autmatically.

-----
best regards
Helmut