[GRASS-user] ERROR: unknown locale: UTF-8 with Mac OS X

owasy matthias.wassmuth at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 18 06:40:42 PST 2014

Dear Community,

I just started working with Grass Gis today and I am a complete Newbie at
working with Python and the Terminal.
Everytime I start Grass Gis I get the following Error Message: ERROR:
unknown locale: UTF-8

I googled about the problem and found that I should add these two lines
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

to my bash_profile.

Unfortunately I didn't find a good website which explains me a) how to
create a bash_profile and b) how to add the both lines.

Can someone maybe help me?

kind regards,

Matthias