[GRASS-user] surface interpolation with breaklines

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Sun Feb 9 04:17:41 PST 2014

Hi Maciej,

Thank you for your reply.
I tested your suggestion but the process was /very/ long (v.trianlge
output was roughly 500 000 triangles). Perhaps a wiser solution would be
to v.to.point (i) contour lines, (ii) breaklines, then merge them in a
single raster an run r.surf.nnbathy.

Finally I found on the web a custom solution based on a nice little
python script named tin2raster, you can find it at the address bellow. I
tried to contact Antonio, the guy who wrote it, but did not get a
reply :

http://digilander.libero.it/antonioall/python_tin2raster.html

In my case it was very efficient and fast.
Do you think it could represent a potential new option that could be
applied to v.to.rast in order to handle 3d vector areas ?

Vincent.