[GRASS-user] Areal Interpolation with GRASS GIS

Kapo Coulibaly kmcoulib at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 16:18:21 PST 2014

Hi Tahir,

As far far as I know most kriging modules in GRASS were discontinued. But
v.krige is being developed in GRASS7 and it will do just what you are
after. see here:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/V.krige_GSoC_2009

But if you are willing to invest more time you can  run R Within GRASS and
it will give you access to a whole array of geostatistical options through
packages like gstat, geoR ...etc. Google R+GRASS and you will find a lot of
information on how to do it.
You can start here:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/R_statistics

Hope it helps.