[GRASS-user] v.in.lidar finds 0 points in GRASS 7

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 17:24:20 PST 2014

Hello,

I think I'm doing something wrong with importing lidar data in GRASS 7.

My data is a laz file from the state of Minnesota.

The complicating factor is that the EPSG code is set incorrectly --
EPSG:32715 / UTM 15 S instead of EPSG:26715/UTM 15 N. My region is set to
the correct 26715.

I am using the GUI, but the command that it generates is

v.in.lidar -p -o --overwrite input=/data/3542-27-22.laz output=test

The output is:

Over-riding projection check
Importing 0 points...
Building topology for vector map <test at stuporglue>...
Registering primitives...
0 primitives registered
0 vertices registered
Building areas...
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands...
Attaching centroids...
Number of nodes: 0
Number of primitives: 0
Number of points: 0
Number of lines: 0
Number of boundaries: 0
Number of centroids: 0
Number of areas: 0
Number of isles: 0
0 points imported

lasinfo reports 12588100 points.

I'd be happy to get this imported either through the command line or the
GUI, but my goal is to understand enough about GRASS to script the creation
of a state-wide DSM from LiDAR data.

Thanks,
Michael Moore