[GRASS-user] Creating spatially clumped random cells

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 07:09:15 PST 2014

Hi,

just two short question concerning the creation of random cells.
So far I used r.random to create e.g. a map with 20% cells (of my input
raster).
I'd like to know:
1) Is there a way to create randomly spatially clumped rasters cells so
that the cells
look aggregated like patches, while still setting the e.g. 20% limit? Maybe
with a factor of spatial autocorrelation!? Maybe somebody has an example
2) Is there a way to set a fixed seed to make reproducible results with
r.random
and similar modules?

/Johannes