[GRASS-user] importing bil file errors

Tyler Smith tyler at plantarum.ca
Tue Jan 21 08:59:12 PST 2014

Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 12:11 AM,
>>
>> How did you find the projection? Not having any GIS training,
>projections are the most confusing part of GRASS to me.
>
>I searched online and found some references about the data set.
>It is not GRASS' fault that this information is lacking in the dataset
>:-)

Oh, I see. I didn't mean to imply that Grass was deficient on this front, rather that I was! I thought there was something in the data that I was overlooking. This is reassuring - knowing what to look for, I found the required info online as well.

With the data loaded, I have now succeeded in connecting the raster map to the data in the accompanying .mdb file, and can start doing some work. Hurrah!

Thanks again,

Tyler