[GRASS-user] how to draw line with arrow mark to line top (tip)

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Thu Jan 23 23:02:25 PST 2014

Hello Yasuo,

If you just need to display line directions with an arrow head on
end-node, you can use the "display=dir" option available for d.vect.

If you need to display a custom symbol, you cannot use "icon=" option,
which is dedicated to point and centroid features (not lines).

Envethough the following case describes a method to compose a hardcopy
map, this wiki entry can help you :
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Tips_and_Tricks#Compensate_the_lack_of_line_ends_symbology_in_ps.map

The idea is to create a point vector where points are assigned a
rotation angle value corresponding to the line last (or first) segment
orientation. Then you just have to call d.vect whith "icon=" and
"rot_column=" options.

Good luck!

Vincent