[GRASS-user] quick way to create a mask and region after zooming in?

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 05:01:17 PDT 2014

Hi Vishal

in grass7 you have an option in the gui, in the map display window under
"different zoom options", to set computational region from current display.
So, you zoom to the desired extent of your area and set the region with
that option. You can then save it with g.region -s region=my_region (in the
PERMANENT mapset) and you don't need to apply any mask (unless you have to
mask certain values), cuz all processing  will be done in the computational
region.

HTH :)
Best,

Vero