[GRASS-user] r.hazard.flood

Leo Kris Palao lk.palao at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 02:37:49 PDT 2014

Dear GRASS users,

I want to use r.hazard.flood module of GRASS but could not get it to work.
I am running it in the command console. My expression is:
r.hazard.flood map=myanmar_dem_modis flood=flood mti=mti

Below is the error that I am getting. I have also r.area installed.

The projection of my Map is in Sinusoidal. I have my GRASS installed via
the OSGeo4W installer, as I use this method to install QGIS.

I am using Windows 7 Professional OS 64-bit
My GRASS version is 6.4.3

Another question: Is there a GUI for this module in the Windows version of
GRASS?

Thanks,
-Leo

Error message:
r.hazard.flood map=myanmar_dem_modis flood=flood mti=mti

Cellsize : 118.28096836
SECTION 1a (of 4): Initiating Memory.
Current region rows: 17433, cols: 17539
ERROR: G_malloc: unable to allocate 2448854040 bytes of memory at
init_vars.c:134
WARNING: Subprocess failed with exit code 1
WARNING: category information for [r_accumulation] in [LPalao] missing or
invalid
Flow accumulation done.
Slope raster map <r_slope> complete
Slope map done.
Exponent : 0.143767534008
MTI threshold : 3.84762844534
Calculating MTI raster map..
Invalid map <r_accumulation>
Parse error
ERROR: An error occurred while running r.mapcalc
(Fri Jul 04 17:21:32 2014) Command finished (1 min 23 sec)