[GRASS-user] r.hazard.flood

Hamish hamish.webmail at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 01:29:07 PDT 2014

Leo wrote:
> > Cellsize : 118.28096836
> > SECTION 1a (of 4): Initiating Memory.
> > Current region rows: 17433, cols: 17539
> > ERROR: G_malloc: unable to allocate 2448854040 bytes of memory at
> > init_vars.c:134
> > WARNING: Subprocess failed with exit code 1

Madi:
> This log suggests that r.watershed, called by r.hazard.flood, is not
> able to finish the job due to lack of memory.

[@devs]
in bash you can do a test "if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then" to see if r.watershed
finished correctly and go to a 'g.message -e' and 'exit 1' if it
failed. r.hazard.flood is a python script, how to apply the same to
grass.run_command() before claiming success and continuing?

regards,

--
Hamish <hamish.webmail at gmail.com>
.