[GRASS-user] i.class and signature file GRASS 64

Carmine Massarelli carmine.massarelli at ba.irsa.cnr.it
Wed Jul 23 07:18:53 PDT 2014

Yesterday I was using it with i.gensig with training area rasterized,
but the result was that all class in the signature file were not created
(nothing else in the message windows). I thought that it depended from
the relative significative number of the selected pixels.
Then I tried with i.class. The procedure was this: first d.mon to open
new monitor, second i.class, but it was not possible to visualize any
map in the new monitor. So i though that the problem was the same, and
linked to the signature file.
Could you help me to explain the exact procedure or if i need of any
other component? I have ubuntu 14.04 with gnome.
there are rules to respect to create class in the signature file with
i.gensig?
Thank you very much