[GRASS-user] exporting raster map to kmz?

Vishal Mehta vishalm1975 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 11:26:19 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to classify a LANDSAT8 image. In the process, i'd like to export
an unsupervised classification i did (using i.cluster, followed by
i.maxlik) raster (type:CELL) into kml/kmz, so that I could get some visual
idea of the classification. the classification is from 1 to 10, with null
data present.

r.out.gdal -c input=lsat2014_unsupervised at PERMANENT
output=C:\Users\Vishal\Documents\GIS\file3.kmz format=KMLSUPEROVERLAY
type=Byte nodata=0

but no matter what flags i try, i get a black box on google earth.

I'm just using the GUI options, Grass7svn on Windows. FYI, I do know how to
do this by modifying add-on r.out.kml in Linux, but it would be good if i
could just do my entire workflow on one platform.

Thanks!
Vishal

--
Vishal K. Mehta, PhD