[GRASS-user] LS factor for USLE

Scherer Laura scherer at ifu.baug.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 24 00:56:30 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I would like to calculate the slope length and steepness (LS) factor for USLE using r.watershed with the parameter length.slope. I have two questions:
1) Is it necessary to reproject my raster into a projected coordinate system or can I leave it in latitude-longitude?
2) It is required to set a value for the threshold. Is it not possible to get a value for each cell? If not, do I always have to delineate the watersheds as well and the length.slope returned is the value at the outlet?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Laura