[GRASS-user] uploading R data in GRASS GIS

Bleninger, Sara sara.bleninger at uni-bamberg.de
Sun Jun 8 05:41:50 PDT 2014

Hi,
I am quite unfamiliar to GRASS GIS, so I hope, that the following question is not too elementary...

There are two datasets:

-          a shapefile consisting of geographical information to create a map of regions, the last column is a code for the regions

-          a file of results of R computations. The units are the regions that are coded in the shapefile. Here the code for regions is the first column. It is possible to store this file in several formats.

It is possible to upload the shapefile data in GRASS and make the map of regions. Now, I want to color the map according to the R results. How can I connect the R results information to the mapping information and color the map?

Thanks for your help!

Sara