[GRASS-user] Confused when using i.fusion.brovey

Johan de Braak johan_debraak at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 06:55:13 PDT 2014

Dear all,
I have used i.fusion.brovey to transform a Landsat 8 image (6 bands) to a cell size of 15x15. I have 3 questions regarding this tool:
1. Is the output reliable if I run this tool twice to convert all 6 bands? If not, what should I do to transform 6 bands with a reliable output? And why is it not possible to specify more than three bands?
2. When specifying the input, between brackets is mentioned: green tm2, NIR tm4, MIR tm5. The files created however are named red green and blue. I have assumed that 'ms1' results in 'outputprefix.red', 'ms2' results in 'outputprefix.green' and 'ms3' resuls in 'outputprefix.blue'. Is this assumption true? Why are the output names different from what is mentioned between brackets in the input?
3. Is it recommended to use this tool before performing a supervised image classification with the output of i.fusion.brovey?
Thanks in advance,
Johan de Braak