[GRASS-user] Raster Mask under version 7 causes map to go white

cboscari at sbcglobal.net cboscari at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 18 18:32:52 PDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue that I can’t seem to resolve using the beta2 version under both Windows or Linux, as well as daily snapshots  under the Ubuntu version.

Basically, a raster mask file that I am using under the current version of grass 7 beta  “blanks” out the underlying raster- that is the entire display area is white, although both rasters (my raster map and the mask) appear as layers. If I remove the mask, the map area is again entirely visible. It worked correctly back in December with the stable version as well as the snapshot of version 7 (then). Now the mask only works under 6.4.

I am have looked on the website and the documentation to see if there were any changes made to raster masks, but am unable to find any changes. I might have missed it though.

Does anyone have a theory about what is going on? The mask would take a considerable amount of work (perhaps a week, as it did the first time) to recreate.

There are some features in 7 that I wanted to use, otherwise I would go back to version 6.4. (specifically, histograms do not work correctly for me under the old version.)

Chris

Sent from Windows Mail