[GRASS-user] Parallelize a job using multiprocess python library without destroying environmental variable

Annalisa Minelli annagrass6 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 02:21:10 PDT 2014

Hi all,
I'm attempting to parallelize a job in a python script using multiprocess
library in grass70.
I had a look at the following links:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Parallel_GRASS_jobs
and http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Parallelizing_Scripts.

I would like to work in the same location but in different mapsets because
my jobs touch the region settings, but I don't know how to set separate
mapset for separate jobs.

Since now I discovered that this processes, if run in the same mapset,
clean all the environmental variables (GISDBASE, LOCATION, MAPSET) so then
GRASS does not start anymore and I have to restore the .grass70/rc file..

can anyone hint me on how to set different mapsets for different jobs?

All the best,
Annalisa