[GRASS-user] Elevation differences between endpoints of least cost paths

jctorres jctorres at ugr.es
Sat Mar 22 00:04:02 PDT 2014

Hi Don

I think you can solve this using grass 7 (you can download it from
http://grass.osgeo.org/download/software/). This version includes a new
option for r.cost that copies the value of the nearest cell. You can
solve the problem using

r.mapcalc "streamH=if(isnull(stream.thin),null(),FD)"

r.cost -k input=area.one output=dtv start_rast=streamH nearest=nearestH

nearestH will contains the elevation of the nearest stream

Best regards

Juan Carlos Torres                      | http://lsi.ugr.es/~jctorres
Laboratorio de Realidad Virtual         | Tlf.: (+34) 645 885 167
Dpto. Lenguajes y Sistemas Informaticos |       (+34) 958 249 307
ETS. Ing. Informatica                   |     interno ugr  71 260
Univ. de Granada                        | FAX: (+34) 958 243 179