[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] Problems 3D rendering with WxNviz (Ubuntu)

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 02:27:54 PDT 2014

Hi,

I just reinstalled wxPython and recompiled GRASS to be sure that I am
working with the newest versions.
The problem still persists. Here how I installed wxPython:

  sudo apt-get install python-wxgtk2.8 python-wxtools wx2.8-doc
wx2.8-examples wx2.8-headers wx2.8-i18n

and then I also followed another procedure explained here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14007557/installing-wxpython-on-ubuntu-12-04

   1. First make sure that you have Python installed
   2. Install wxGTK 2.8 with the command, 'sudo apt-get install
   python-wxgtk2.8'
   3. Run the command, 'apt-get source -d wxwidgets2.8'
   4. Now run, 'dpkg-source -x wxwidgets2.8_2.8.12.1-6ubuntu2.dsc'
   5. cd wxwidgets2.8-2.8.12.1
   6. cd wxPython
   7. Now run the command, 'sudo python setup.py install'
   8. wxPython and wxWidgets are now successfully installed!

Now it seems that two versions are installed
>>> import wxversion
>>> wxversion.getInstalled()
['2.8-gtk2-unicode', '2.8-gtk2-unicode']

Does that help?

Is there a way the GRASS itself reports the versions of e.g. wxpython?
Maybe via the g.version command?!

/Johannes