[GRASS-user] 6.5svn Build Problem

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 10:38:42 PDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Mar 2014, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
>
>  install wxversion on your system?
>>

> Helmut,
>
>   I thought that wxversion was included in wxPython, which is installed
> here.
>
> wxversion is a usually a separate package. The reason is that it access
all the other versions.

>  why not using the upcoming stable release GRASS7
>>

>   Because it will not build; the make effort produces multiple errors in
> the
> ../gui/wxpython/ subdirectories.
>
>   All this with wxPython-2.8.12.1 installed.
>
> The 6.5 is not working for you either, so I would try GRASS 7 (beta)
again. Moreover, recently there was a change which might improve the build
in gui/wxpython/ subdirectories. Also note that if the build fails there,
it does not necessary mean that tit will not work at all (it just behave
strangely sometimes).

Which system are you using anyway?

Vaclav