[GRASS-user] r.surf.contour (again)

Mark Seibel mseibel at gmail.com
Wed May 7 04:16:00 PDT 2014

> Thanks for the tip, I will try the add-on. Any idea what is causing the
> distortion in the maps? It would interest me if it is a resolution issue
> or the data itself ....

It's a function of the contour lines and interpolator.    Contour lines are
poor input for building DEMs because they have high density of input points
along the line with no data between them.  When the distance is too large
some interpolator create sharp angle artifacts in the process.  Other
interpolators smooth the transition areas better.

Mark