[GRASS-user] cell counts for a certain value range in strds

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Fri May 9 11:37:35 PDT 2014

Hi all,

maybe another of my silly questions, but is there a straightforward way of
getting cell counts for a certain range of values for a subset of maps in a
strds?

I've used this to get the list of maps that meet the condition i'm
interested in:

t.rast.list input=cla at clorofila columns=name,start_time,end_time,min,max
where="max > 65.0" > maps_max_65

but now i want to know how many cells in each one of those maps actually
meet that condition. I could use t.rast.extract, then reclassify in two
categories, set the one i'm interested in to null and then t.rast.univar;
but is there a more straighforward way to do that? Something like r.report
units=c or r.stats -c, but with a where clause??? i'm lazy, i know... and
it's nap time here... friday... :P

All the best,
Vero